- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Heed words of brave doctor
Recently, a world-renowned neurosurgeon was a guest speaker at the National Prayer Breakfast. Dr. Benjamin Carson’s address of just 27 minutes was filled with more inspiration, love of country and uplifting words than we have heard from President Obama in the past four years (“Conservative Dr. Ben Carson speech upstages Obama at prayer breakfast,” Web, Feb. 8).
A student of history, the doctor spoke of the importance of educating citizens about the founding of our country to enable them to join in the current national discussion about the problems we face. If people are not fully informed about the carefully constructed republic in which we live and the brilliantly conceived Declaration of Independence and Constitution given us by our Founding Fathers, they will not know enough to defend the rights laid out when those documents are attacked. As a result, we will suffer under the shackles of political correctness.
Mr. Obama pledged to be the president of all the people. Never in my lifetime has this country been more divided than it is today because of the deliberate instigation of the president. Blacks hate whites, the young resent the old, illegal aliens demand the rights of citizens, unions oppose nonunion labor, the poor rail against the rich and the “have-nots” feel the “haves” have stolen from them.
Will we end up as the Divided States of America?
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle