- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
Walmart letting fans vote to name Pocono race
Forget the deals at the stores. Walmart is slashing prices at the track.
Walmart also is offering a $99 Family Track Pack of tickets, which includes four race tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas. Walmart will also host in-store events with race car displays, racing simulator machines and special appearances by drivers in every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race market.
The timeline is as follows:
_ Race Name Submission (2/14 - 2/25): Fans can submit a name of their choice (32 character limit).
_ Race Name Vote (3/11 - 4/8): Fans vote for one of the three race name options.
_ Concession Item (4/9- 5/6): Fans vote for one of three types of pierogies, decided by the Pocono Raceway Fan Council.
Walmart also is offering 16,000 concourse grandstand tickets for the June 9 race for $25 each. The retailer is offering the $99 family pack deal at Walmart.com/NASCAR and in select stores for 17 races this season, including the Coca-Cola 600, both Dover International Speedway races, and the championship finale at Homestead on Nov. 17.
Pocono had long eschewed corporate sponsorship in race titles until recent seasons.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- PRUDEN: Missing airliner, stolen passports fuel wild speculation
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Obamacare enrollment hits 4.2 million, but slowing
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again