- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Florida authorities ban autistic boy from owning therapeutic chickens
- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Rogue reindeer runs from Santa, eludes police for hours
Walmart letting fans vote to name Pocono race
Forget the deals at the stores. Walmart is slashing prices at the track.
Walmart also is offering a $99 Family Track Pack of tickets, which includes four race tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas. Walmart will also host in-store events with race car displays, racing simulator machines and special appearances by drivers in every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race market.
The timeline is as follows:
_ Race Name Submission (2/14 - 2/25): Fans can submit a name of their choice (32 character limit).
_ Race Name Vote (3/11 - 4/8): Fans vote for one of the three race name options.
_ Concession Item (4/9- 5/6): Fans vote for one of three types of pierogies, decided by the Pocono Raceway Fan Council.
Walmart also is offering 16,000 concourse grandstand tickets for the June 9 race for $25 each. The retailer is offering the $99 family pack deal at Walmart.com/NASCAR and in select stores for 17 races this season, including the Coca-Cola 600, both Dover International Speedway races, and the championship finale at Homestead on Nov. 17.
Pocono had long eschewed corporate sponsorship in race titles until recent seasons.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Taking a deeper look at the undeniable connection between mind and body from a writer and speaker on matters of health, and a practitioner of Christian Science.
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow