- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
‘We’ve All Been There’ wins at short film festival
Question of the Day
SYDNEY (AP) - An Australian film about a woman in need benefiting from the kindness of others won top honors at the world’s biggest short-film festival.
Worthington earlier said, “It’s not about budget, it’s not about box office, it’s about pure entertainment and that to me is what film should be about. Not all that other junk.”
His film’s star, Laura Wheelright, was named best actress while Nick Hamilton was named best actor for the time-travel tale, “Time.”
For his first-place win, Clifford gets $10,000 cash, a trip to Los Angeles to meet with film executives and other prizes.
The outdoor film festival held since 1993 has grown to a large-scale event attracting thousands to a park near Sydney’s central business district.
The next Tropfest will be Dec. 8 in Centennial Park _ an advanced date and new location to accommodate larger crowds and to attract fans and VIP attendees without having to compete for attention with the Oscars and other international events in February.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world