- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Country music’s Mindy McCready dies in apparent suicide
Mindy McCready, the 37-year-old country music star and mother of two, was found dead Sunday, after an apparent self-inflicted gunshot to the head.
Her reported suicide — the fourth time she has tried to kill herself since 2005 — follows last month’s death of her longtime boyfriend, David Wilson, who shot and killed himself on the porch of the Little Rock, Ark., home they shared, The Associated Press reported. The Daily Mail also reports she shot and killed the family dog before turning the gun on herself.
Ms. McCready topped the country music charts in the 1990s with the hits “10,000 Angels,” and “Guys Do It all the Time,” according to Fox News.
She’s been known more in recent years for her struggles. In April 2010, she appeared on Fox News to discuss her 6-year hiatus from music, during which she said she had been in a lot of trouble, but “seeking redemption.” Her death on Sunday came just days after she left court-ordered rehab for alcohol and prescription pill abuses, The Daily Mail reported.
She leaves behind two young sons, AP reports.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Taliban vow to 'use all force' to disrupt Afghan elections
- Sbarro pizza chain files second bankruptcy in three years
- Bishop in Aleppo: 'We Christians live in fear in Syria'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again