- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
Country music’s Mindy McCready dies in apparent suicide
Mindy McCready, the 37-year-old country music star and mother of two, was found dead Sunday, after an apparent self-inflicted gunshot to the head.
Her reported suicide — the fourth time she has tried to kill herself since 2005 — follows last month’s death of her longtime boyfriend, David Wilson, who shot and killed himself on the porch of the Little Rock, Ark., home they shared, The Associated Press reported. The Daily Mail also reports she shot and killed the family dog before turning the gun on herself.
Ms. McCready topped the country music charts in the 1990s with the hits “10,000 Angels,” and “Guys Do It all the Time,” according to Fox News.
She’s been known more in recent years for her struggles. In April 2010, she appeared on Fox News to discuss her 6-year hiatus from music, during which she said she had been in a lot of trouble, but “seeking redemption.” Her death on Sunday came just days after she left court-ordered rehab for alcohol and prescription pill abuses, The Daily Mail reported.
She leaves behind two young sons, AP reports.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Military urged to stay away from National Day of Prayer event
- Ole Miss fraternity shut after 3 accused of tying noose on statue of black student
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists' try to erect 'reason station' at city hall
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act — then promotes on Twitter
- Ben Carson presidential PAC outpaces Hillary, GOP
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.