- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dorner makes case for gun rights
It is very interesting that the political left shrugs off the murder of innocents committed by former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner and emphasize other things that he supposedly stood for (“Hero-worship for a cold-blooded killer: The cult of Christopher Dorner,” Web, Thursday). Dorner advocated gun control but he became a symbol for the argument that gun control interferes with the right to self-defense.
Here was a man going on a killing spree with multiple weapons and putting at risk anyone unfortunate enough to get in his way. I am sure most of those who crossed his path wished they had a weapon at hand.
Also, the left frames Dorner as a victim of a racist police force that had him fired. The panel that came to the conclusion he should be fired apparently did a very good job of seeing something in his make-up that showed them he should not serve as a police officer. The rampage of killing that he perpetrated proves that he was, indeed, not police officer material.
GREGORY L. MIX
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Get Breaking Alerts
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Broncos-Chargers game ends with several stabbings
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- American missing in Iran was CIA operative who went rogue
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- KEENE: James Clapper should resign for lying to Congress