- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dorner makes case for gun rights
Question of the Day
It is very interesting that the political left shrugs off the murder of innocents committed by former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner and emphasize other things that he supposedly stood for (“Hero-worship for a cold-blooded killer: The cult of Christopher Dorner,” Web, Thursday). Dorner advocated gun control but he became a symbol for the argument that gun control interferes with the right to self-defense.
Here was a man going on a killing spree with multiple weapons and putting at risk anyone unfortunate enough to get in his way. I am sure most of those who crossed his path wished they had a weapon at hand.
Also, the left frames Dorner as a victim of a racist police force that had him fired. The panel that came to the conclusion he should be fired apparently did a very good job of seeing something in his make-up that showed them he should not serve as a police officer. The rampage of killing that he perpetrated proves that he was, indeed, not police officer material.
GREGORY L. MIX
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'