- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dorner makes case for gun rights
It is very interesting that the political left shrugs off the murder of innocents committed by former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner and emphasize other things that he supposedly stood for (“Hero-worship for a cold-blooded killer: The cult of Christopher Dorner,” Web, Thursday). Dorner advocated gun control but he became a symbol for the argument that gun control interferes with the right to self-defense.
Here was a man going on a killing spree with multiple weapons and putting at risk anyone unfortunate enough to get in his way. I am sure most of those who crossed his path wished they had a weapon at hand.
Also, the left frames Dorner as a victim of a racist police force that had him fired. The panel that came to the conclusion he should be fired apparently did a very good job of seeing something in his make-up that showed them he should not serve as a police officer. The rampage of killing that he perpetrated proves that he was, indeed, not police officer material.
GREGORY L. MIX
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan