- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Dorner makes case for gun rights
Question of the Day
It is very interesting that the political left shrugs off the murder of innocents committed by former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner and emphasize other things that he supposedly stood for (“Hero-worship for a cold-blooded killer: The cult of Christopher Dorner,” Web, Thursday). Dorner advocated gun control but he became a symbol for the argument that gun control interferes with the right to self-defense.
Here was a man going on a killing spree with multiple weapons and putting at risk anyone unfortunate enough to get in his way. I am sure most of those who crossed his path wished they had a weapon at hand.
Also, the left frames Dorner as a victim of a racist police force that had him fired. The panel that came to the conclusion he should be fired apparently did a very good job of seeing something in his make-up that showed them he should not serve as a police officer. The rampage of killing that he perpetrated proves that he was, indeed, not police officer material.
GREGORY L. MIX
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report