- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
‘Roid rage’ on trial
If Pistorius uses a performance-enhancer defense, it probably won’t help
The Sun of London reported that police found “evidence of heavy drinking” at Mr. Pistorius‘ home. The sprinter reportedly once almost shot a friend in a restaurant when the gun he was holding accidentally discharged, and in November posted on Twitter that he mistook his washing machine for a burglar.
“The idea that you’re using a steroid and the next thing you know you are becoming an irrational monster is a myth,” Mr. Collins said. “There is a connection between steroids and aggression, but it’s not a direct, causal one. It’s an association, and very hard to specify why it exists.
“Human behavior is extremely complex. What we do is often a result of a combination of many factors, and simple cause-and-effect notions are very rarely founded.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.