- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Lil Wayne has yet to watch Nicki Minaj on ‘Idol’
The rap star admitted Friday that he has yet to see “Idol” this season _ or any other season.
“Actually, I’ve never watched it,” he said, a bit sheepishly.
“When I talk to her she’s always tells me, `You don’t wanna watch that, you’re not going to be into it,’” he said.
“She knows me. … It’s kind of like a catfight where they be going back and forth type of thing, I’m not into all that,” he said of the judging panel, which includes Mariah Carey, with whom Minaj had a much-publicized argument.
“The talent on that is pretty good I heard, though,” he said.
Lil Wayne spoke Friday after signing autographs for more than 100 fans who were at a suburban New Orleans Macy’s to support his Trukfit clothing line; a couple hundred more waited outside for a glimpse of the star.
Wayne said he’s hoping to soon make Trukfit for women and children. Now, it’s just a men’s line. Part of the problem is finding the right designer.
“They send everything, every design to me, and I approve or decline, and the designer is extremely OK (with that). … That person may have designed something, and I may say I hate it. I get no flack about it, and women are different,” he said, laughing. “So we’re trying to find the perfect female designer who has no problem with me declining what I don’t like.”
Lil Wayne, of course, still has his day job: His new album, “I Am Not A Human Being II,” is due out March 26. When asked what fans could expect, he said, laughing: “Never have expectations for me, like never, because I probably will not meet your expectations. … Just enjoy what you get, hopefully.”
Follow Nekesa Mumbi Moody at http://www.twitter.com/nekesamumbi
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.