- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Palestinian doc director held briefly at LAX
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Immigration officials briefly detained the Palestinian director of the Oscar-nominated documentary “5 Broken Cameras” on his way into town for Sunday’s Academy Awards.
Emad Burnat says that when he arrived at Los Angeles International Airport from Turkey with his wife and 8-year-old son late Tuesday, he was told he didn’t have the proper proof that he was a nominee. After about an hour of questioning, they were allowed to enter the country.
Burnat had just been in the United States two weeks earlier doing interviews alongside his co-director, Israeli activist Guy Davidi, including some with The Associated Press.
Immigration officials did not respond to requests for comment.
“5 Broken Cameras” features footage Burnat shot in his occupied West Bank village, from everyday activities with his family to protests and shootings.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.