- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
Report: Romney to address CPAC gathering in March
The Americans Conservative Action Conference announced Wednesday that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the 2012 GOP presidential nominee, will make his first public appearance since the November election to speak next month at the 40th annual gathering of the Conservative Political Action Conference.
"We look forward to hearing Governor Romney's comments on the current state of affairs in America and the world, and his perspective on the future of the conservative movement," said ACU Chairman Al Cardenas.
Missing in action since his loss to President Obama in the November election, Mr. Romney and his campaign managers have been on the receiving end of some biting criticism from members of his own party.
"I look forward to saying thank you to the many friends and supporters who were instrumental in helping my campaign," Mr. Romney said in a statement.
The CPAC conference is scheduled to take place March 14 to March 16 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Maryland.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen's Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn't always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz's endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014