- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
APNewsBreak: Governors to hear health care plan
Question of the Day
SALEM, ORE. (AP) - Gov. John Kitzhaber will pitch his overhaul of Oregon's Medicaid system to other governors in a private session in Washington this weekend.
Kitzhaber says he's hoping to get a handful of governors from each party on board. He wants to make a bipartisan push to change the way doctors are paid and patients are treated.
The governor has been talking for two years about expanding his health care initiative beyond Oregon, and his effort may be picking up steam.
President Barack Obama highlighted the concept in his State of the Union as a potential deficit-reducing option for Medicare. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced Thursday it's giving Oregon a $45 million grant help spread the changes beyond the Medicaid population and share information with other states.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq