- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Call illegals what they are
Question of the Day
On the “MacNeil/Lehrer Report” on PBS in 1977, President Jimmy Carter unveiled a plan in support of his open-borders policy. To defuse the situation, he urged change from use of the term “illegal alien” to “undocumented worker.” Illegal aliens have many documents, all false, such as Social Security cards, driver’s licenses, rent receipts and such. Possession of such documents is a felony. If these people are all workers, why are prisons packed with them?
Now that immigration reform is on the front burner again, it is easy to discern liberals from conservatives. Liberals call these people what they are not: “undocumented workers”; conservatives call them what they are: “illegal aliens.”
Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, is pushing for his own immigration-reform plan (“GOP’s Rubio tells Obama to end obsession with taxes, while tea partyer Paul attacks spending,” Web, Feb. 12). Mr. Rubio is definitively a Reagan conservative, but I can’t imagine why he continues to use “undocumented workers” rather than “illegal aliens.”
Recently, a longtime liberal and member of the Congressional Black Caucus, Rep. John Conyers Jr., Michigan Democrat, said, “I hope no one uses the term illegal immigrants here today” during an immigration hearing. Jimmy Carter would have loved this bozo.
God bless Fox News and The Washington Times for sticking to their guns on this issue.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit