- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
‘Ip Man: The Final Flight’ to open Hong Kong fest
HONG KONG (AP) - “Ip Man: The Final Fight,” about the latter years of the Wing Chun master Ip Man, will open the Hong Kong International Film Festival next month.
The martial arts master has been portrayed many times on the big screen. The most recent was by Tony Leung in Wong Kar Wai’s “The Grandmaster.”
The new film’s leading man, Anthony Wong, says comparing the roles is hard because he plays a different time in Ip Man’s life.
He plays Ip Man from his arrival in Hong Kong in 1949 until his death and had some photos and video to watch. Wong says, “However, how he talked, how he behaved, no one really knows. That left a lot for the imagination.”
The lineup was announced Thursday for the festival that starts March 17.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.