- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
OSCAR PRODUCERS PLAN BIG MUSICAL ENDING
Producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan will pair host Seth MacFarlane with Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth; says Zadan, “We want to have an actual ending.”
`ENDER’S GAME’ AUTHOR’S ANTI-GAY VIEWS POSE RISKS FOR FILM
Outcry over DC Comics’ hire of Orson Scott Card to pen a Superman story could mean trouble for the $110 million sci-fi film set for November.
BEATLES GRANT RARE MUSIC LICENSE TO SXSW DOCUMENTARY
`Good Ol’ Freda’ tells the story of the band’s beloved secretary.
THR’S OSCAR ICONS PORTFOLIO: EVA MARIE SAINT, STEVEN SPIELBERG, MICHAEL MOORE
Contenders past and present — Spielberg with Benh Zeitlin, Marlee Matlin with Quvenzhane Wallis — swap tales about their biggest awards night fears (giving birth onstage!) and how winning changed their lives.
`I WAS ROB LOWE’S SNOW WHITE’: THE UNTOLD STORY OF OSCAR‘S NIGHTMARE OPENING
Actress Eileen Bowman breaks her silence on the surreal tale of how she became part of Oscar infamy.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.