- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
OSCAR PRODUCERS PLAN BIG MUSICAL ENDING
Producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan will pair host Seth MacFarlane with Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth; says Zadan, “We want to have an actual ending.”
`ENDER’S GAME’ AUTHOR’S ANTI-GAY VIEWS POSE RISKS FOR FILM
Outcry over DC Comics’ hire of Orson Scott Card to pen a Superman story could mean trouble for the $110 million sci-fi film set for November.
BEATLES GRANT RARE MUSIC LICENSE TO SXSW DOCUMENTARY
`Good Ol’ Freda’ tells the story of the band’s beloved secretary.
THR’S OSCAR ICONS PORTFOLIO: EVA MARIE SAINT, STEVEN SPIELBERG, MICHAEL MOORE
Contenders past and present — Spielberg with Benh Zeitlin, Marlee Matlin with Quvenzhane Wallis — swap tales about their biggest awards night fears (giving birth onstage!) and how winning changed their lives.
`I WAS ROB LOWE’S SNOW WHITE’: THE UNTOLD STORY OF OSCAR‘S NIGHTMARE OPENING
Actress Eileen Bowman breaks her silence on the surreal tale of how she became part of Oscar infamy.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world