- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
2011 winner Trevor Bayne goes to backup car
Then it was wrecked.
Bayne, winner of the 2011 Daytona 500, led a race-high 37 laps in the first Budweiser Duel on Thursday before he was caught in a multi-car crash seven laps from the finish. The damage to his Wood Brothers Ford was so severe that the team was rolling out a new No. 21 Fusion for use in the Daytona 500.
“Our best (car) was the one we were qualifying and racing,” Bayne said. “I know they can build consistent fast race cars. This didn’t end the way we wanted to for sure.”
But the Wood Brothers weren’t deterred. The wreck meant Bayne will start 33rd in Sunday’s season-opening Daytona 500 _ but that’s just one spot worse than he started the year he pulled off his stunning win.
Team co-owner Eddie Wood wasn’t sure if the backup car would be ready for Friday’s practice.
“We may not even practice on Friday, but that’s OK,” Wood said. “We didn’t practice on Friday in 2011, and we won that race.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.