- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
2011 winner Trevor Bayne goes to backup car
Then it was wrecked.
Bayne, winner of the 2011 Daytona 500, led a race-high 37 laps in the first Budweiser Duel on Thursday before he was caught in a multi-car crash seven laps from the finish. The damage to his Wood Brothers Ford was so severe that the team was rolling out a new No. 21 Fusion for use in the Daytona 500.
“Our best (car) was the one we were qualifying and racing,” Bayne said. “I know they can build consistent fast race cars. This didn’t end the way we wanted to for sure.”
But the Wood Brothers weren’t deterred. The wreck meant Bayne will start 33rd in Sunday’s season-opening Daytona 500 _ but that’s just one spot worse than he started the year he pulled off his stunning win.
Team co-owner Eddie Wood wasn’t sure if the backup car would be ready for Friday’s practice.
“We may not even practice on Friday, but that’s OK,” Wood said. “We didn’t practice on Friday in 2011, and we won that race.”
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014