- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Bowyer reels in charity fishing victory
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - Clint Bowyer has reeled in another win, with a catch.
It wasn’t a NASCAR race.
Bowyer won his third Hot Rods & Reels charity fishing tournament Friday at Daytona International Speedway. Bowyer and his fishing team of Jeff Smith, Kimberley Meesters and Kelby Waldrip won the tournament by catching three bass with a combined weight of 10.04 pounds.
The fishing tournament pairs NASCAR drivers with sponsors and race fans for a day of fishing on Lake Lloyd during Speedweeks to benefit the foundation’s Wheelchair Donation Program and Patient Assistance Fund. The Darrell Gwynn Foundation's mission is to provide support for people with paralysis and help prevent spinal cord injuries.
“I just want everyone to know this is my third title,” Bowyer said. “This is such a great event.”
The foundation, on behalf of its donors and supporters, donated a $22,000 custom power wheelchair to 9-year-old Addison Santana of Orlando, Fla.
Jack Thorton of Extreme Super Truck caught the biggest fish of the day, netting a 4.33-pound bass.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Couple from Ethiopia begin new life in Dubuque
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again