- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Drew Peterson enters prison for murder sentence
Question of the Day
JOLIET, Ill. — Less than 24 hours after screaming out his innocence in court, Drew Peterson has been transferred to an Illinois prison to begin serving a 38-year sentence for murder.
The Will County Sheriff’s Office confirms the former suburban Chicago police officer was handed over Friday for transfer to the Stateville prison outside Joliet.
A judge sentenced him Thursday for the 2004 drowning death of his fourth wife, Kathleen Savio. He’s a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.
While addressing the judge before learning his sentence, Peterson exploded in anger. He looked at Savio’s family and shouted, “I did not kill Kathleen!”
Corrections officials say Peterson could be moved to another prison after an evaluation period. He’ll get four years credit for time already served in jail.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq