- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Drew Peterson enters prison for murder sentence
Question of the Day
JOLIET, Ill. — Less than 24 hours after screaming out his innocence in court, Drew Peterson has been transferred to an Illinois prison to begin serving a 38-year sentence for murder.
The Will County Sheriff’s Office confirms the former suburban Chicago police officer was handed over Friday for transfer to the Stateville prison outside Joliet.
A judge sentenced him Thursday for the 2004 drowning death of his fourth wife, Kathleen Savio. He’s a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.
While addressing the judge before learning his sentence, Peterson exploded in anger. He looked at Savio’s family and shouted, “I did not kill Kathleen!”
Corrections officials say Peterson could be moved to another prison after an evaluation period. He’ll get four years credit for time already served in jail.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world