- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
Drew Peterson enters prison for murder sentence
JOLIET, Ill. — Less than 24 hours after screaming out his innocence in court, Drew Peterson has been transferred to an Illinois prison to begin serving a 38-year sentence for murder.
The Will County Sheriff’s Office confirms the former suburban Chicago police officer was handed over Friday for transfer to the Stateville prison outside Joliet.
A judge sentenced him Thursday for the 2004 drowning death of his fourth wife, Kathleen Savio. He’s a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.
While addressing the judge before learning his sentence, Peterson exploded in anger. He looked at Savio’s family and shouted, “I did not kill Kathleen!”
Corrections officials say Peterson could be moved to another prison after an evaluation period. He’ll get four years credit for time already served in jail.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.