- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Drew Peterson enters prison for murder sentence
JOLIET, Ill. — Less than 24 hours after screaming out his innocence in court, Drew Peterson has been transferred to an Illinois prison to begin serving a 38-year sentence for murder.
The Will County Sheriff’s Office confirms the former suburban Chicago police officer was handed over Friday for transfer to the Stateville prison outside Joliet.
A judge sentenced him Thursday for the 2004 drowning death of his fourth wife, Kathleen Savio. He’s a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.
While addressing the judge before learning his sentence, Peterson exploded in anger. He looked at Savio’s family and shouted, “I did not kill Kathleen!”
Corrections officials say Peterson could be moved to another prison after an evaluation period. He’ll get four years credit for time already served in jail.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014