- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media swallows birth-control fallacies
Question of the Day
In “Religious ties split coverage for birth control” (Page A1, Tuesday) Tom Howell Jr. writes, “The Obama administration said contraceptive services can have ‘tremendous health benefits’ and save costs through fewer unexpected pregnancies … “
This “health benefits” statement is an accepted fact by the media and many politicians, but in truth contraceptives are unhealthy. The “pill” was determined to be a Group 1 carcinogen by the World Health Organization, linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer, increased blood pressure, liver disease, blood clots, heart attack and stroke. How can this be healthy?
What does the Obama administration have against women?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone