- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
Stewart reaches sponsorship deal with Rush
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - Tony Stewart has started to fill some of the sponsorship gaps on his schedule.
Rush Enterprises, which operates the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships in North America, will be the primary sponsor for Stewart’s No. 14 car in three Sprint Cup races. Rush Truck Centers will be on the hood for the March 24 race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., the April 7 race at Martinsville Speedway and April 27 at Richmond International Raceway. Rush will serve as an associate sponsor in other races this season.
Stewart-Haas Racing had about 20 races spread out over three cars that needed a top sponsor.
Rush may have hit on some winners with their affiliation. Stewart has two victories at Fontana and is the defending winner of the track’s Cup race. Stewart has three wins at both Martinsville and Richmond.
Stewart is a three-time Cup champion.
“We’ve been doing business with Rush Truck Centers for years. It’s an established relationship that will now have a much higher profile thanks to their decision to became a primary sponsor for the No. 14 team,” Stewart said.
Stewart and Dale Earnhardt Jr. highlight the field of star drivers who have needed sponsorship up for grabs. Earnhardt’s No. 88 Chevrolet lacks a primary sponsor for about one-third of the 36 Sprint Cup races this season.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.