- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Former baseball star McGriff catches NASCAR race
Question of the Day
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - The Crime Dog took a bite out of NASCAR.
Former baseball star Fred McGriff attended the Nationwide Series race on Saturday at Daytona International Speedway. The 6-foot-3 McGriff dwarfed many of the drivers as he caught the pre-race action on pit road. He even spotted Danica Patrick.
“She’s tiny,” McGriff said, laughing. “I would have no chance getting in these cars. Anything over 6-feet, I’d be in trouble.”
McGriff, who knows Nationwide driver Jason White, made the quick trip from Kissimmee where he’s serving as a guest instructor for the Atlanta Braves.
He hit 493 homers over a 19-year career and retired after the 2004 season. McGriff received only 20.7 percent of the last Hall of Fame vote.
“I’ve just got to keep fighting,” he said. “It’s out of my control.”
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world