- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Tracks will donate leftovers to food banks
All 12 ISC member tracks, led by ISC’s primary food and beverage concessions operator, Americrown Services Corporation, as well as Levy Restaurants at Chicagoland Speedway, will donate extra food from NASCAR race weekends to local food banks on behalf of Drive to End Hunger throughout the 2013 season.
AARP Foundation and Americrown will work with local food banks to receive the donations, which are expected to include bread, produce and other food items. Americrown and the Daytona International Speedway will donate extra food from the Daytona 500 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
AARP’s Drive to End Hunger campaign became the first cause-related primary sponsor of a major race team when it reached a deal with Jeff Gordon.
“Today’s announcement means that there will still be good news coming out of ISC tracks after the checkered flag falls on raceday,” Gordon said.
ISC and Americrown began working with Drive to End Hunger on food donation efforts in 2011. Since then, the collaboration has donated more than 70,000 pounds of food _ the equivalent of approximately 54,000 meals _ to local food banks near ISC tracks.
Since AARP and AARP Foundation launched Drive to End Hunger, it has donated nearly 16 million meals and driven corporate and individual donor commitments with an expected value of $18.1 million.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.