- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Biographical info on Danica Patrick
BORN: March 25, 1982.
HOMETOWN: Roscoe, Ill.
CAR: No. 10 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet, Stewart-Haas Racing.
NOTES: Patrick was third on the final lap, but faded to eighth in the final flurry. The finish was the best by a female driver in the race, breaking the mark of 11th set by Janet Guthrie in 1980. … Patrick became the first woman to lead laps in the Daytona 500, running in front for five laps. … She started from the pole, the first time a woman has topped qualifying in any race in NASCAR’s top series. … The former IndyCar star, known more for alluring photos and Super Bowl commercials than on-track success, is running her first full season in the Sprint Cup Series and is dating fellow driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr. … In 2008, Patrick won the Indy Japan 300 to become the first female IndyCar winner.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- House pushes through two-year Ryan-Murray budget deal
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- White House improvises again on patchy Obamacare rollout
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Chef Mary Moran discusses the food we eat, where it comes from and what it does for us.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow