- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
SHOW BITS: ‘Argo’ is favorite in bleachers
LOS ANGELES (AP) - AND THE FANS SAY … `ARGO’
However it fared with Academy voters, the clear fan favorite among fans in the Oscar bleachers was “Argo.”
The bleacher crowd forced actor-director Ben Affleck to stop an interview with their loud chants of “Ben! Ben! Ben!”
They gave the film’s producer, George Clooney, similar treatment and lavished applause on supporting actor nominee Alan Arkin.
Perhaps the strongest sign of fans’ love for the CIA thriller was when the group was polled for its choice for best picture before any actors hit the red carpet.
While the chanting was spirited for “Les Miserables” and some other films, it was clearly loudest for “Argo.”
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP
JENNIFER: BLEEPED ALREADY
It’s always fun to hear what Jennifer Lawrence has to say _ even if you have to lip read because she’s being bleeped.
The bleeping started early for the charmingly blunt Lawrence, a best actress nominee for “Silver Linings Playbook,” as ABC silenced her cheeky red carpet response to actress Kristin Chenoweth.
The two were bonding over “Dance Moms,” the Lifetime reality series, when Lawrence asked Chenoweth if she liked it too.
Chenoweth: “Is the pope Catholic?”
Lawrence: “… ?” (We can’t print her reply here, but the reference was to something a bear does in the woods.)
And the night, as they say, was still very young. Stay tuned!
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- FIELDS: Oscars' fantasy on the Left Coast
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again