- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
SHOW BITS: Jennifer Lawrence bleeped again
LOS ANGELES (AP) - It’s always fun to hear what Jennifer Lawrence has to say _ even if you have to lip read because she’s being bleeped.
Chenoweth: “Is the pope Catholic?”
Lawrence: “… ?” (We can’t print her reply here, but the reference was to something a bear does in the woods.)
And the night, as they say, was still very young. Stay tuned!
_ Jocelyn Noveck _ Twitter http://twitter.com/JocelynNoveckAP
Joaquin Phoenix didn’t waste any time getting into the Dolby Theatre, and the Oscar-nominated actor’s dash across the red carpet didn’t go unnoticed.
Red carpet host Chris Connelly heckled Phoenix, who has criticized the awards show, as he rushed by, saying he was setting new speed records.
Connelly then added, “You should be at the (NFL) combine,” a reference to the athletic tests NFL recruits go through.
Oscar bleacher fans got a wave from some stars such as Jane Fonda, and a peace sign from others, including Channing Tatum.
Then there were those who pulled out all the stops.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.