- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Bradley Beal stars again as Wizards down Raptors
TORONTO — Bradley Beal is making a strong case to earn top rookie honors in the Eastern Conference for the third straight month.
The third overall pick in last June’s draft, and the East rookie of the month in December and January, Beal scored 20 or more for the 11th time.
“I feel a lot more comfortable and I have a lot more confidence as well,” Beal said. “It’s a learning process for me and it’s been like that the whole year. Now the game is slowing down for me, so I’m making easier reads. I’m starting to learn how teams are playing me and I’m just playing off of that.”
Beal missed five games between Jan. 30 and Feb. 6 with a sore right wrist but has topped 20 points in four of seven games since returning.
“He’s been playing great basketball over the last two weeks,” Webster said. “The kid is balling. He has a great rhythm, let’s hope he keeps riding it.”
“He’s been that spark,” Okafor said. “When things are a little bit slow or there’s a lull, he gets it picked up.”
“They whipped us, they outworked us,” Casey said. “Washington is an athletic team and they are playing hard. That should have gotten our attention.”
It was a rough night for Toronto’s Rudy Gay, who missed his first six field goal attempts before scoring on a driving dunk one minute into the fourth quarter. Gay shot 1 for 11 and finished with seven points, one more than his season low, set Dec 22 at Houston when he played for Memphis.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again