- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
Last waltz in NY for The Band member’s stuff
Question of the Day
KINGSTON, N.Y. (AP) - A New York landlord says he’s selling the personal possessions of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member because the musician owes him tens of thousands of dollars in back rent for storing the items for more than a decade.
Mike Piazza held a garage sale over the weekend in Kingston to recoup some of the $60,000 to $70,000 he says he’s owed by Garth Hudson, who played the organ and horns for The Band, inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1994.
Piazza tells the Times Herald-Record of Middletown ( http://bit.ly/WdQk6m) that Hudson’s possessions include boxes of sheet music, records and household items. He says he decided to sell the items after attempts to get Hudson to pay the back rent for the storage failed.
The newspaper reports that Hudson declined to be interviewed.
Information from: The Times Herald-Record, http://www.th-record.com
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Deportations under Obama plunged to just 1 percent last year
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow