- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
Last waltz in NY for The Band member’s stuff
Question of the Day
KINGSTON, N.Y. (AP) - A New York landlord says he’s selling the personal possessions of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member because the musician owes him tens of thousands of dollars in back rent for storing the items for more than a decade.
Mike Piazza held a garage sale over the weekend in Kingston to recoup some of the $60,000 to $70,000 he says he’s owed by Garth Hudson, who played the organ and horns for The Band, inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1994.
Piazza tells the Times Herald-Record of Middletown ( http://bit.ly/WdQk6m) that Hudson’s possessions include boxes of sheet music, records and household items. He says he decided to sell the items after attempts to get Hudson to pay the back rent for the storage failed.
The newspaper reports that Hudson declined to be interviewed.
Information from: The Times Herald-Record, http://www.th-record.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world