- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
Progressive group offers $11 an hour for anti-gun workers
Help wanted: Gun-control campaign workers. That’s the advertisement that’s being circulated by Progressive USA Voters, a liberal group based in Denver, Colo., for its planned campaign for Chicago, one media outlet reports.
“Join the Campaign to Stop Gun Violence. Hourly Wage: $9-11/hr,” the flyer reads, according to The Daily Caller.
The nonprofit is aiming its message at the April 2013 special election for Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s seat and is hoping to slow Democratic Party candidate Debbi Halvorson’s run. She’s taken more than $10,000 in campaign funds from the National Rifle Association, according to the report. And Progressive USA Voters would rather see Robin Kelly — who’s been backed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg – take the seat.
“Progressive USA will be going door-to-door in this important race in the coming weeks in order to educate voters about Halvorson’s record,” the group says on its website, according to The Daily Caller.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Russia accused of sinking own cruiser to block Ukrainian navy
- Pope Francis: I snatched a cross from my confessor's corpse
- Suspected serial killer may be loose near Washington, D.C.
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- Napoleon's death-bed hair, shirt to hit the auction block
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again