- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
SHOW BITS: Oscar is a trip for Jennifer Lawrence
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 85th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
OSCAR IS TRIP FOR LAWRENCE
Lawrence stumbled as she took the steps to the Oscar stage, falling to her knees in her flowing Dior gown. That drew a sympathetic ovation from the auditorium.
She remained endearingly flustered during her acceptance speech, thanking her family, those who worked with her on the film and wishing a “Happy Birthday” to a fellow nominee, Emmanuelle Riva of “Amour,” who turned 86.
“Look at this dress. I tried to walk up stairs in this dress,” Lawrence said of her white, floor-length gown. “I think I stepped on the fabric and they wax the stairs.”
Lawrence said she thought of a “bad word” to say when she tumbled but kept it to herself.
She had already been bleeped by ABC when she let loose with a four-letter word while joking with Kristin Chenoweth on the red carpet.
Asked how she got ready for the day, Lawrence said it was “chaotic” from the start, with her family taking over the house to prepare for the big evening.
After fumbling for a more descriptive answer, she apologized: “I’m sorry. I did a shot.”
_ Lynn Elber _ Twitter http://twitter.com/lynnelber
QUICKQUOTE: BEN AFFLECK
“I want to thank you for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases. It’s good, it is work, but it’s the best kind of work. There’s no one I’d rather work with.” _ Ben Affleck, thanking his wife, Jennifer Garner, as he accepted the best picture Oscar for “Argo.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014