- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
ESPN’s Wilbon: Academy picked McFarlane because it’s tired of blacks
“I don’t like him,” Mr. Wilbon said. “Why is he there? He’s not worthy of being there. … They got tired of famous black people, so they got to get a white guy — affirmative action Academy Awards host? Is that what this is about? Really?”
“I don’t like MacFarlane,” he continued. “He is a joke. He is not worthy of the people that were up there last night.”
Chris Rock hosted the Oscars in 2005 and Whoopi Goldberg hosted in 2001.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bill Ayers, Noam Chomsky to give their side in new Dinesh D'Souza film
- Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky being held by east Ukraine militants: report
- Mayor who sympathized with Kansas City shooter steps down
- Media Matters demands Sharyl Attkisson provide evidence for targeting claims
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say 'Jerusalem, Israel'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.