- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Government pushing voters toward patriotism
Obamacare death panels will kill the elderly, the infirm and anyone else the government deems to have outlived his usefulness to society. President Obama’s gun control strategy will kill many more people than were killed in the Newtown, Conn., atrocities. The Obama-designed sequestration will kill many thousands of Americans who will not be cared for by law enforcement, fire departments and the military. Thus, it should become obvious fairly quickly even to the least-aware voter that Mr. Obama and his Cabinet have little concern for the welfare of Americans as long as their Marxist agenda is satisfied.
Given this forecast, the time is upon us for good, honest Americans to reject the politics of Mr. Obama and his government and to reject the unconstitutional decrees the president issues. His confederates, such as Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, and Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, openly advocate their quest for gun control with the keeping of records for the private sale of firearms. Americans opposed to being singled out by Mr. Obama will comply with such drivel only when the nation’s criminal element begins complying with such laws.
In passing such foolish and unlawful legislation, otherwise law-abiding Americans will become criminals with the stroke of an auto-pen — or so the ignorance and ego of the common politician would have us believe. In reality, the passing of legislation like that proposed by disconnected politicians will only result in the creation of a nation of patriots, ready to bend the direction of this nation back where it belongs.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
Get Breaking Alerts
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable