- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Government pushing voters toward patriotism
Question of the Day
Obamacare death panels will kill the elderly, the infirm and anyone else the government deems to have outlived his usefulness to society. President Obama’s gun control strategy will kill many more people than were killed in the Newtown, Conn., atrocities. The Obama-designed sequestration will kill many thousands of Americans who will not be cared for by law enforcement, fire departments and the military. Thus, it should become obvious fairly quickly even to the least-aware voter that Mr. Obama and his Cabinet have little concern for the welfare of Americans as long as their Marxist agenda is satisfied.
Given this forecast, the time is upon us for good, honest Americans to reject the politics of Mr. Obama and his government and to reject the unconstitutional decrees the president issues. His confederates, such as Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, and Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, openly advocate their quest for gun control with the keeping of records for the private sale of firearms. Americans opposed to being singled out by Mr. Obama will comply with such drivel only when the nation’s criminal element begins complying with such laws.
In passing such foolish and unlawful legislation, otherwise law-abiding Americans will become criminals with the stroke of an auto-pen — or so the ignorance and ego of the common politician would have us believe. In reality, the passing of legislation like that proposed by disconnected politicians will only result in the creation of a nation of patriots, ready to bend the direction of this nation back where it belongs.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each