- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Government pushing voters toward patriotism
Obamacare death panels will kill the elderly, the infirm and anyone else the government deems to have outlived his usefulness to society. President Obama’s gun control strategy will kill many more people than were killed in the Newtown, Conn., atrocities. The Obama-designed sequestration will kill many thousands of Americans who will not be cared for by law enforcement, fire departments and the military. Thus, it should become obvious fairly quickly even to the least-aware voter that Mr. Obama and his Cabinet have little concern for the welfare of Americans as long as their Marxist agenda is satisfied.
Given this forecast, the time is upon us for good, honest Americans to reject the politics of Mr. Obama and his government and to reject the unconstitutional decrees the president issues. His confederates, such as Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, and Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, openly advocate their quest for gun control with the keeping of records for the private sale of firearms. Americans opposed to being singled out by Mr. Obama will comply with such drivel only when the nation’s criminal element begins complying with such laws.
In passing such foolish and unlawful legislation, otherwise law-abiding Americans will become criminals with the stroke of an auto-pen — or so the ignorance and ego of the common politician would have us believe. In reality, the passing of legislation like that proposed by disconnected politicians will only result in the creation of a nation of patriots, ready to bend the direction of this nation back where it belongs.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'economic freedom zones' for Detroit
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- New Internet security challenge arises for cybercops
- Wife of Obama aide found dead in burning car in home's garage
- Congress creates a legislative fortress for military sex-assault policy