- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
What did Stewart tell Danica before Daytona 500?
He almost got punched for it, too.
Patrick was unsure who in the thick crowd of people surrounding her car had put their hands on her: “He grabbed me first and I was about ready to unleash on someone,” she said.
Once she realized it was Stewart, her Stewart-Haas Racing teammate and car co-owner, she let him get close enough for what appeared to be a whisper in her ear. The moment was caught on live television, leading fans to wonder what Stewart had to say.
“He just said, `Block all this out. You go do it. It’s your time now. Focus. You’ll do a great job,’” Patrick recalled.
Patrick went on to become the first woman in NASCAR history to lead laps in the Daytona 500, and became the 13th driver to lead laps in both the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR’s biggest race. She finished eighth in the race after starting from the pole, running in the top 10 most of the race and positioning herself at the front in the closing laps. She was third until the final frantic last-lap sprint to the finish.
She said after she appreciated Stewart’s words of wisdom.
“What he said was simple, but calming, and it probably was what also drove me to just, as soon as the anthem was over with, to get in the car,” Patrick said.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Ford Mustang through the years
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.