- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Brewers’ Racing Italian Sausage missing after bar appearance
CEDARBURG, Wis. — One of the base-running sausages, a familiar sight at Milwaukee Brewers games, is missing.
Someone wearing the Klement’s Racing Italian Sausage costume recently posed with bar patrons in Cedarburg, Wis. The 7-foot-long, $3,000 costume was in a backroom at the Milwaukee Curling Club during a Feb. 16 fundraiser. Someone saw the sausage walk out the door that evening and it hasn’t been seen since.
The costume is owned by Milwaukee-based sausage company Klement‘s. The Racing Sausages, including the Bratwurst, the Polish Sausage, the Hot Dog and the Chorizo, are a popular sight running bases at Brewers home games. The costumes are available for rent.
Cedarburg police Detective Jeff Vahsholtz tells the Journal Sentinel that police are interviewing bar patrons and looking for the costume.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again