- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
Drummer Questlove of the Roots to release memoir
NEW YORK (AP) - Drummer-producer Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson of the Roots is adding “author” to his resume.
Thompson announced Wednesday that “Mo’ Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove” will be released June 18 by Grand Central Publishing.
The book includes the rap musician’s run-ins with “celebrities, idols and fellow artists,” including Stevie Wonder, KISS and Jay-Z. It also tackles “some of the lates, the greats, the fakes and the true originals of the music world.”
The Roots are the house band for NBC’s “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.” They have released 12 albums and are a favorite of music critics.
Thompson, 42, has been a producer for Jay-Z, D’Angelo, Erykah Badu and John Legend. He has four Grammy Awards.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.