- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Hinch feeling the heat after Danica’s Daytona 500
“I thought starting second at the Indy 500 was a big deal, but she’s kind of outdone me,” Hinchcliffe said Wednesday. “I guess we’ll have to do one better this year in May. It’s great. She hit the ground running this season in Cup, and she had a great race in the 500 to finish where she did.
“With the attention that she brings and the success that she’s having early, I think it adds a little bit of pressure to hold up my end of the bargain inside the GoDaddy family.”
Hinchcliffe took over Patrick’s ride at Andretti Autosport when she left IndyCar for NASCAR after the 2011 season. The partnership with GoDaddy proved to be a good fit with Hinchcliffe’s outgoing personality, and he and Patrick teamed in a commercial shoot and campaign for the rights to be featured on the company web page.
“It’s one of the coolest companies I’ve had the privilege of working with. They really get it. They really get business. They get sport. They get marketing,” he said. “We’ve had a lot of fun in the last 12 months doing some of the things that we did and the trouble we got ourselves into. And GoDaddy being GoDaddy, there is going to be some stuff in the works this year. Can’t give away too much, but we’ve got some more fun things planned, a lot of it based around the internet and social media, and there is a big push in Canada this year as well. So you’ll definitely be seeing a lot of greetings throughout the season.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again