- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Knicks: Wallace has broken foot, needs surgery
The forward will have surgery this week, damaging news for a team that has missed his play off the bench.
“It’s somewhat a blow because I mean he’s gone through so much work to get back out on the floor and now this happens. So the only thing we can do now is think positive in terms of how the surgery is going to turn out and he’s got to rehab back,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. “That’s all you can do at this point.”
The 38-year-old Wallace came out of a two-year retirement to join the Knicks this season and averaged 7.2 points while appearing in 20 of the first 22 games, helping the Knicks get off to a 17-5 start.
He hasn’t played since, and the Knicks said his injury had progressed to a fractured bone at the outside of his left foot, otherwise known as a Jones fracture.
“When we were able to actually get him on the floor, he was pretty good for our ballclub. But hey, that’s in the past. We’ve got to move forward,” Woodson said. “It’s a blow I’m sure for him mentally because he wanted to play and so it’s a setback. He’s just got to have the surgery and we go from there.”
Perhaps aware Wallace might not be able to return, the Knicks signed forward Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract last week. Woodson said there was a chance the 35-year-old Martin would make his debut Wednesday against Golden State.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014