- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A sickening lack of patriotism
Question of the Day
I joined the U.S. Navy two months after my high school graduation. I had been accepted into every college to which I applied. I chose to enter military service because I felt like I owed something to my country.
I had always believed in our form of government. I served proudly for 91/2 years, until I developed a medical disability. Since that time I have worked mostly in defense-related industries. Until recently, I have disagreed with but never doubted our elected leaders. Now, with our military having to limit its missions, ships missing needed maintenance, the threat of furloughs for civilian defense workers and the fact that Congress chooses vacation over necessary action, I am literally sick to my stomach over the complete lack of leadership and patriotism.
Before any funds are cut from defense or social program budgets, all pay and allowances for Congress members, Cabinet members and senior bureaucrats should be revoked owing to these individuals’ failure to perform the jobs to which they were elected or appointed.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide