- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
Celeb birthdays for the week of March 3-9
March 3: Actress Hattie Winston is 68. Singer Jennifer Warnes is 66. Actor-director Tim Kazurinksy is 63. Singer-guitarist Robyn Hitchcock is 60. Guitarist John Lilley of The Hooters is 59. Actress Miranda Richardson is 55. Rapper Tone Loc is 47. Guitarist John Bigham (Fishbone) is 44. Actress Julie Bowen (“Boston Legal,” “Ed”) is 43. Country singer Brett Warren of The Warren Brothers is 42. Actor David Faustino (“Married … With Children”) is 39. Actress Jessica Biel is 31. Guitarist Joe “Blower” Garvey of Hinder is 29.
March 4: Singer Bobby Womack is 69. Bassist Chris Squire of Yes is 65. Singer Shakin’ Stevens is 65. Singer Chris Rea is 62. Actor-singer Ronn Moss of Player (“The Bold and the Beautiful”) is 61. Actress Kay Lenz is 60. Percussionist Emilio Estefan of the Miami Sound Machine is 60. Actress Catherine O’Hara is 59. Actor Mykelti Williamson (“Forrest Gump”) is 56. Actress Patricia Heaton is 55. Actor Steven Weber (“Wings”) is 52. Bassist Jason Newsted (Metallica) is 50. Actress Stacy Edwards is 48. Rapper Grand Puba (Brand Nubian) is 47. Drummer Patrick Hannan of The Sundays is 47. Singer Evan Dando of The Lemonheads is 46. Actress Patsy Kensit is 45. Drummer Fergal Lawler of The Cranberries is 42. Country singer Jason Sellers is 42. Actress Margo Harshman (“The Big Bang Theory”) is 27. Actress Andrea Bowen (“Desperate Housewives”) is 23.
March 5: Actor James Noble (“Benson”) is 91. Actor James B. Sikking is 79. Actor Dean Stockwell is 77. Actor Fred Williamson is 75. Actor Michael Warren is 67. Actor-singer Eddie Hodges is 66. Singer Eddy Grant is 65. Keyboardist Alan Clark of Dire Straits is 61. Actress-comedian Marsha Warfield (“Night Court”) is 59. Comedian-magician Penn Jillette is 58. Singers Craig and Charlie Reid of The Proclaimers are 51. Guitarist John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers) is 43. Singer Rome is 43. Actor Kevin Connolly (“Entourage”) is 39. Actress Eva Mendes is 38. Model Niki Taylor is 38. Actor Sterling Knight (“Sonny With a Chance”) is 24. Actor Jake Lloyd (“Star Wars Episode 1: Phantom Menace”) is 24.
March 6: Actor Ben Murphy is 71. Singer Mary Wilson of The Supremes is 69. Drummer Hugh Grundy of The Zombies is 68. Singer-guitarist David Gilmour of Pink Floyd is 67. Actor-director Rob Reiner is 66. Singer Kiki Dee is 66. Actress Anna Maria Horsford (“The Shield,” “Amen”) is 66. Actor Tom Arnold is 54. Actor D.L. Hughley is 49. Country songwriter Skip Ewing is 49. Actress Connie Britton is 46. Actress Moira Kelly is 45. Actress Amy Pietz (“Caroline in the City”) is 44. Pedal steel player Shan Farmer of Ricochet is 39. Rapper Beanie Sigel is 39. Rapper Bubba Sparxxx is 36. Drummer Chris Tomson of Vampire Weekend is 29.
March 7: TV personality Willard Scott is 79. Actor Daniel J. Travanti is 73. Bassist Chris White of The Zombies is 70. Singer Peter Wolf of The J. Geils Band is 67. Actor John Heard is 67. Keyboardist Matthew Fisher of Procol Harum is 67. Guitarist Ernie Isley of the Isley Brothers is 61. Actor Bryan Cranston is 57. Singer Taylor Dayne is 51. Actor Bill Brochtrup (“NYPD Blue”) is 50. Comedian Wanda Sykes is 49. Drummer Randy Guss of Toad the Wet Sprocket is 46. Actress Rachel Weisz is 42. Singer Sebastien Izambard of Il Divo is 40. Singer Hugo Ferreira of Tantric is 39. Actress Jenna Fisher is 39. Actor TJ Thyne is 38. Actress Laura Prepon is 33.
March 8: Songwriter Carole Bayer Sager is 69. Musician-actor Micky Dolenz of The Monkees is 68. Bassist Randy Meisner (The Eagles, Poco) is 67. Singer Peggy March is 65. Singer Gary Numan is 55. Actor Aidan Quinn is 54. Guitarist Jimmy Dormire of Confederate Railroad is 53. Actress Camryn Mannheim is 52. Singer Shawn Mullins is 45. Actress Andrea Parker (“The Pretender”) is 43. Actor Freddie Prinze Jr. is 37. Actor James Van Der Beek is 36. Singer Kameelah Williams of 702 is 35. Singer Tom Chaplin of Keane is 34. Guitarist Andy Ross of OK Go is 34. Singer Kristinia DeBarge is 23.
March 9: Singer-actress Keely Smith is 81. Singer Lloyd Price is 80. Actress Joyce Van Patten is 79. Actor-comedian Marty Ingels is 77. Country singer Mickey Gilley is 77. Actress Trish Van Devere is 72. Singer Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders is 71. Guitarist Robin Trower (Procol Harum) is 68. Guitarist-harmonica player Jimmie Fadden of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is 65. Singer Jeffrey Osborne is 65. Actress Linda Fiorentino is 53. Guitarist Rusty Hendrix of Confederate Railroad is 53. Actress Juliette Binoche is 49. Bassist Robert Sledge of Ben Folds Five is 45. Rapper C-Miller (formerly C-Murder) is 42. Actor Emmanuel Lewis is 42. Actor Kerr Smith (“Dawson’s Creek”) is 41. Rapper Chingy is 33. Keyboardist Ben Tanner of Alabama Shakes is 30. Actress Brittany Snow (“American Dreams”) is 27. Rapper Bow Wow is 26. Actor Luis Armand Garcia (“George Lopez”) is 21.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Leon Panetta named as source of 'Zero Dark Thirty' scriptwriters information
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Uncensored exploration of issues concerning current events, civil liberties, American political advocacy, and the political and social issues facing military veterans.
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow