- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — “Hard Choices”
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Sequester another Obama-written bungle
How is it that President Obama’s public does not understand it is the president himself who wrote the sequestration bill — even threatening that should the Republicans attempt to make changes in the bill, he would not sign it?
The amount we’re talking about cutting is the equivalent of 2 cents out of every dollar. That makes it a bit easier to comprehend. Mr. Obama, however, continues his daily remarks that clearly blame the Republicans for the sequestration, and he makes some pretty ridiculous statements of how badly “we the people” will be hurt by it. He is not telling the truth. I recall in my lifetime one president who was impeached, Bill Clinton, and another who resigned under threat of impeachment, Richard Nixon. The reason for their predicaments? Lying to the electorate.
There are numerous incidents of Mr. Obama lying to the electorate. Why is impeachment not being sought? An unvetted president about whom the electorate really knew very little is the result of the media’s failure to study and expose the nature of the man we put in the White House.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
Get Breaking Alerts
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable