- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Sequester another Obama-written bungle
How is it that President Obama’s public does not understand it is the president himself who wrote the sequestration bill — even threatening that should the Republicans attempt to make changes in the bill, he would not sign it?
The amount we’re talking about cutting is the equivalent of 2 cents out of every dollar. That makes it a bit easier to comprehend. Mr. Obama, however, continues his daily remarks that clearly blame the Republicans for the sequestration, and he makes some pretty ridiculous statements of how badly “we the people” will be hurt by it. He is not telling the truth. I recall in my lifetime one president who was impeached, Bill Clinton, and another who resigned under threat of impeachment, Richard Nixon. The reason for their predicaments? Lying to the electorate.
There are numerous incidents of Mr. Obama lying to the electorate. Why is impeachment not being sought? An unvetted president about whom the electorate really knew very little is the result of the media’s failure to study and expose the nature of the man we put in the White House.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'