- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Sequester another Obama-written bungle
How is it that President Obama’s public does not understand it is the president himself who wrote the sequestration bill — even threatening that should the Republicans attempt to make changes in the bill, he would not sign it?
The amount we’re talking about cutting is the equivalent of 2 cents out of every dollar. That makes it a bit easier to comprehend. Mr. Obama, however, continues his daily remarks that clearly blame the Republicans for the sequestration, and he makes some pretty ridiculous statements of how badly “we the people” will be hurt by it. He is not telling the truth. I recall in my lifetime one president who was impeached, Bill Clinton, and another who resigned under threat of impeachment, Richard Nixon. The reason for their predicaments? Lying to the electorate.
There are numerous incidents of Mr. Obama lying to the electorate. Why is impeachment not being sought? An unvetted president about whom the electorate really knew very little is the result of the media’s failure to study and expose the nature of the man we put in the White House.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school