- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama delays huge jobs pipeline
Question of the Day
A Jan. 23 letter to President Obama from the 53 U.S. senators urges approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, but it has yet to receive the go-ahead. This is despite the fact that in March 2012, Mr. Obama directed federal agencies to accelerate approval of vital energy infrastructure.
The approval of this project proposal would create an estimated 20,000 jobs and transport an additional 830,000 barrels of oil daily to U.S. refineries, which would help lessen our dependence on foreign-oil imports. Additionally, in 2009, the State Department found that the Alberta Clipper pipeline between Canada and the United States would advance a number of strategic U.S. interests. The Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) by the State Department is set to be finalized by the first quarter of 2013, and the four-and-a-half years of study ought to be sufficient for the president to honor his deadline for its passage.
If the proposed Keystone XL pipeline creates jobs, helps build the infrastructure and reduces the dependency on foreign oil, why the hesitancy of its passage? Are the words of the president boasting of job creation as shallow as his support of Israel? Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that newly confirmed Secretary of State John Kerry will back the pipeline’s approval.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens