- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
SodaStream Super Bowl ad challenges Big Soda, is promptly banned
“Because SodaStream is a direct competitor of the Big Soda brands that tend to be ubiquitous during the Super Bowl,” SodaStream, which makes homemade carbonated beverages, told The Huffington Post, “the rejection of one of the company’s proposed ads, which takes aim at Big Soda, is perhaps not surprising.”
The ad may have been banned, but it quickly went viral on the Internet following the news. SodaStream also has received tons of free publicity from the occurrence, though the company said it did not intend to get the ad banned.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- U.N. warns of Muslim 'cleansing' in Central African Republic
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Nation's first center that provides abortions and birthing opens in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Tattoo artist draws outrage for inking his dog
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- CPAC 2014: Huckabee says government impeding religious liberty
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again