- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Joe Flacco does ‘Late Show’ with Letterman
The quarterback led the Ravens to a 34-31 victory against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in the Super Bowl at New Orleans. Flacco completed a remarkable postseason run with 11 touchdown passes and no interceptions in four games. He is about to become a free agent.
“Well, you know, actually, I only talked to him a little bit before this game, but before the New England game, you know, he just came up to me and said, `Listen, this is our time, and go get `em. We have all the faith in you, and this is going to be your team for a long time,’” Flacco said.
The “Late Show” will air Monday night.
Flacco said he turned down an extension offer from the Ravens last year.
“Well … when I wasn’t signing what they wanted me to sign, (Bisciotti) said, `Listen, when the time comes, I mean, you come and beat on my desk,’ and I said, `All right, I’ll take you up on that,’ and I think the time has come.”
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again