- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Bono, Brian Williams join NJ storm relief effort
Question of the Day
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - U2 frontman Bono and NBC news anchor Brian Williams are the newest board members of a charity launched by the New Jersey governor and his wife to help victims of Hurricane Sandy.
With their appointments, announced Tuesday, they join Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi and other celebrities on the board.
So far, the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund has raised more than $32 million from more than 22,000 donors worldwide.
Known for his humanitarian efforts, Bono said he was inspired by the work of volunteers after the superstorm hit. Williams grew up at the Jersey Shore.
The Oct. 29 storm was one of the worst to strike the Northeast U.S. It is blamed for more than 130 deaths and tens of billions of dollars in property damage.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors