- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Disruptions could slow Iran’s nuclear march
The Obama administration and Israeli leadership have stated adamantly that Iran’s acquisition of nuclear capability is not an option. The most broadly discussed scenario is one in which Israeli military assets are used in a large, direct assault against Tehran’s nuclear facilities and military installations. Notwithstanding this conventional thinking, it seems more likely that another strategy may be more effective and less horrific in the long run.
Such a strategy would involve dealing Iran’s nuclear initiative “death by a thousand cuts” through a long-term series of stealthlike attacks, assassinations and cyberwars. As a matter of fact, attacks of this type reportedly are already in progress, and the cumulative effect of such well-timed strikes have produced in the past and can produce in the future incremental and serious delays for the Iranian nuclear program. The long-term effects of such a strategy would be to consistently set back Iran’s launch date for viable nuclear-weapon capability, thereby also setting back the drama and drastic consequences of an all-out war in the Middle East while sanctions continue to grind away.
The existing threats to the peaceful existence of the Israeli people and their nation may have never been greater than at present. Surrounded by enemies and rebellions everywhere, Israel is forced to tread with care, cunning and intelligence at all times in pursuing its self-interest and preservation in today’s geopolitical environment.
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine