- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Niners have better chance than Ravens to be back
The defense, oddly enough considering Baltimore’s reputation, needs some work. But linebacker Terrell Suggs will be even healthier _ he came back quickly from a torn Achilles tendon _ and top cornerback Lardarius Webb returns from a knee injury.
Just like the 49ers, the Ravens have a tough task in their division. Cincinnati is young, but has made the playoffs the last two years. Pittsburgh never remains dormant for long.
Should these two clubs make it to the first outdoor Super Bowl at a cold-weather site, would Baltimore have the edge because it’s used to such conditions? And because it’s a three-hour drive from MetLife Stadium, will Ravens fans be out in force even more than they were in the Big Easy?
Or would the 49ers’ immense talent base be overwhelming?
Food for thought over the next 11 months.
“We’ve got to look at this as a blessing because we didn’t have to be here, but we made it,” tight end Vernon Davis said. “We’ve always got next year; we’ve got next season. We might as well look forward to next season, keep our hopes high and continue to climb.”
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.