- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
China sentences 7 to prison for toxic gel capsules
BEIJING (AP) - Chinese state media say a court has sentenced seven people to prison for producing chromium-tainted gel medicine capsules.
The scandal that was exposed in April 2012 was the latest to rock China's pharmaceutical industry, which suffers from abundant fakery and substandard ingredients.
The official Xinhua News Agency said Thursday that the seven received sentences of up to 11 years for producing and selling toxic products. They were sentenced Wednesday at a court in eastern Zhejiang province.
It says three companies run by them made and sold drug capsules with industrial gelatin, which contained excessive levels of chromium, between 2010 and April 2012.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.