- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
- Aaron Hernandez, ex-Patriot, on prison life: ‘I’m way less stressed in jail’
- Man pulled from water believed to be disgraced D.C. cop
- Kabul airport hit by suicide bomber who targeted NATO gate
- Space probe on course to land on mile-wide comet
- New budget accord saves $23 billion — after $65 billion spending spree
MTV picks up 2nd season of W.Va.-based ‘Buckwild’
MORGANTOWN, W.VA. (AP) - MTV says reality show “Buckwild” about some wild young West Virginians will be picked up for a second season.
The show is filmed largely around Sissonville and Charleston. It has drawn criticism from many quarters, including the state’s Democratic U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, for what some see as a negative portrayal of the state’s young people.
In December, Manchin asked the network to cancel the show, saying it profits off of “poor decisions of our youth” and portrays ugly, inaccurate stereotypes.
But MTV said Wednesday that “Buckwild” has been pulling in an average of 3 million viewers per episode since its premiere last month.
The half-hour, 12-episode series has been following nine hard-partying friends who find sometimes frightening ways to fill their free time.
Season finale preview: http://bit.ly/X4KEJr
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $15 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- LAMBRO: The dark lining to the silver cloud of Obamanomics
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Helping the YOUniverse conspire on your behalf.
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow