- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: GOP must unite to fight Obama
I appreciate Washington Times contributors Milton Wolf, Jeffrey T. Kuhner and others for always carefully pointing out the flaws and injustices in President Obama’s policies. Mr. Obama, with the aid of Democrats and the liberal media, wants to silence and destroy his opponents — Republicans, conservatives and Tea Party members. He knows what he wants and will do anything to achieve his goals. This includes having the government take control of health care, education and energy, and influencing the judiciary to allow him to bypass Congress in order to carry out his agenda, including restrictions on personal and religious freedoms. All this is based on Mr. Obama’s record to date.
The only voices and actions against Mr. Obama’s policies have been from dedicated individuals, groups and state officials. Missing in action are the Republican members of Congress who have not been able to unite to challenge the president on his abuse of power with executive orders. Such abuse includes Mr. Obama’s change in immigration policy to deport illegals and not enforce enacted legislation. An appropriate challenge to this was initiated by border agents, not Congress.
Mr. Obama’s big government has failed to improve the economy and has taken away individual freedoms. It is time for Republicans to unite, select strong leaders and get out a clear message on their agenda of smaller government, lower taxes, a comprehensive energy program, a strong military and states’ rights. Our country can move forward with a return to the rule of law.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics