- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Nissan announces U.S. pricing for 2014 GT-R and 2014 Murano CrossCabriolet
Question of the Day
For the 2014 model year, Nissan builds on GT-R’s already legendary status through increased performance, higher levels of craftsmanship and an all-new optional Premium interior, which features hand-stitched Amber Red semi-aniline leather appointments (front seats only). In addition, torque response at middle RPM range (4500-6000 rpm) and acceleration at high RPM’s (above 6000 rpm) have been improved versus the 2013 GT-R.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) for the 2014 Nissan GT-R include: GT-R Premium - $99,590 USD. GT-R Black Edition - $109,330 USD.
The Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet, now in its fourth model year, features a unique combination of open-air motoring in an all-wheel drive crossover. For 2014, the MSRP has been lowered by $2,545 USD. Enhancements include a revised exterior color palette and a new 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheel design.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices* (MSRP) for the 2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet include: Murano CrossCabriolet AWD - $41,995 USD.
About the 2014 Nissan GT-R
Following performance enhancement last year that upped the horsepower and torque of the GT-R’s advanced VR38DETT 3.8-liter twin turbo V6 to 545 hp and 463 lb-ft of torque, the development and refinement of Nissan’s legendry supercar continues for the 2014 model year.
Among the notable modifications are improved engine response in the mid- and upper-rpm ranges, increased body rigidity and specification changes to the shock absorbers, front anti-roll bar and springs that result in a lower center of gravity. The result is improved high-speed handling and more refined ride comfort. As in previous years the GT-R engine is hand-assembled in a special clean room — for 2014 an aluminum nameplate is added to each engine showing the name of the individual engine builder.
Other changes include the addition of a new Premium Interior Package, which features hand-stitched Amber Red semi-aniline leather appointments (front seats only). A new red-accented steering wheel is added to Black Edition models.
The interior again features sculpted performance bucket seats for an optimal driving position and a cockpit-style instrument panel with a large center-mounted tachometer and multi-function display — which includes mechanical and driving information, as well as an on-board driving recorder. A specially designed 11-speaker Bose sound system — which provides sound quality suitable for a supercar, is standard — along with a RearView Monitor.
The 2014 Nissan GT-R is offered in two models — GT-R Premium and the GT-R Black Edition with special lightweight black aluminum forged RAYS wheels, unique red and black interior, Recaro leather-appointed seats and a unique dry carbon fiber rear spoiler.
About the 2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet
The 2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet continues to provide a unique, all-season perspective on driving as the world’s first all-wheel drive crossover convertible. The Murano CrossCabriolet’s designers rethought the convertible experience by rethinking the trunk — giving it an extraordinarily engineered, fully automatic cloth convertible top that folds to about the size of a 2-seat roadster top. As a result, there’s ample room for four adults and plenty of cargo space with the top up or down.
Two new exterior colors are offered: Midnight Garnet and Gun Metallic, along with carryover colors Super Black and Pearl White. The standard 20-inch split 5-spoke titanium finish aluminum-alloy wheels have also been redesigned.
Inside, the luxurious interior starts with the foundation of the top-of-the-line Murano LE AWD and takes it to the next level of standard features and convenience. Premium materials are used throughout, with standard leather-appointed seats, unique wood-tone trim tuned to match each of three available interior colors (Black, Cashmere and Camel), and available premium double-stitched pattern leather-appointed seating. Every CrossCabriolet also comes with standard Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System, Bose premium audio system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately) and RearView Monitor. An advanced Nissan Navigation System with NavTraffic Real-Time Traffic Information (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), BluetoothStreaming Audio, Voice Recognition and 7-inch VGA touch screen is also available.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs