- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Nissan announces U.S. pricing for 2014 GT-R and 2014 Murano CrossCabriolet
Question of the Day
For the 2014 model year, Nissan builds on GT-R’s already legendary status through increased performance, higher levels of craftsmanship and an all-new optional Premium interior, which features hand-stitched Amber Red semi-aniline leather appointments (front seats only). In addition, torque response at middle RPM range (4500-6000 rpm) and acceleration at high RPM’s (above 6000 rpm) have been improved versus the 2013 GT-R.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) for the 2014 Nissan GT-R include: GT-R Premium - $99,590 USD. GT-R Black Edition - $109,330 USD.
The Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet, now in its fourth model year, features a unique combination of open-air motoring in an all-wheel drive crossover. For 2014, the MSRP has been lowered by $2,545 USD. Enhancements include a revised exterior color palette and a new 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheel design.
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices* (MSRP) for the 2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet include: Murano CrossCabriolet AWD - $41,995 USD.
About the 2014 Nissan GT-R
Following performance enhancement last year that upped the horsepower and torque of the GT-R’s advanced VR38DETT 3.8-liter twin turbo V6 to 545 hp and 463 lb-ft of torque, the development and refinement of Nissan’s legendry supercar continues for the 2014 model year.
Among the notable modifications are improved engine response in the mid- and upper-rpm ranges, increased body rigidity and specification changes to the shock absorbers, front anti-roll bar and springs that result in a lower center of gravity. The result is improved high-speed handling and more refined ride comfort. As in previous years the GT-R engine is hand-assembled in a special clean room — for 2014 an aluminum nameplate is added to each engine showing the name of the individual engine builder.
Other changes include the addition of a new Premium Interior Package, which features hand-stitched Amber Red semi-aniline leather appointments (front seats only). A new red-accented steering wheel is added to Black Edition models.
The interior again features sculpted performance bucket seats for an optimal driving position and a cockpit-style instrument panel with a large center-mounted tachometer and multi-function display — which includes mechanical and driving information, as well as an on-board driving recorder. A specially designed 11-speaker Bose sound system — which provides sound quality suitable for a supercar, is standard — along with a RearView Monitor.
The 2014 Nissan GT-R is offered in two models — GT-R Premium and the GT-R Black Edition with special lightweight black aluminum forged RAYS wheels, unique red and black interior, Recaro leather-appointed seats and a unique dry carbon fiber rear spoiler.
About the 2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet
The 2014 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet continues to provide a unique, all-season perspective on driving as the world’s first all-wheel drive crossover convertible. The Murano CrossCabriolet’s designers rethought the convertible experience by rethinking the trunk — giving it an extraordinarily engineered, fully automatic cloth convertible top that folds to about the size of a 2-seat roadster top. As a result, there’s ample room for four adults and plenty of cargo space with the top up or down.
Two new exterior colors are offered: Midnight Garnet and Gun Metallic, along with carryover colors Super Black and Pearl White. The standard 20-inch split 5-spoke titanium finish aluminum-alloy wheels have also been redesigned.
Inside, the luxurious interior starts with the foundation of the top-of-the-line Murano LE AWD and takes it to the next level of standard features and convenience. Premium materials are used throughout, with standard leather-appointed seats, unique wood-tone trim tuned to match each of three available interior colors (Black, Cashmere and Camel), and available premium double-stitched pattern leather-appointed seating. Every CrossCabriolet also comes with standard Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System, Bose premium audio system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately) and RearView Monitor. An advanced Nissan Navigation System with NavTraffic Real-Time Traffic Information (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), BluetoothStreaming Audio, Voice Recognition and 7-inch VGA touch screen is also available.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Deportations under Obama plunged to just 1 percent last year
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow