- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Scouts should reject homosexual agenda
Question of the Day
Mothers of Boy Scouts should be very concerned if homosexual-rights groups get their way and the Boy Scouts of America changes its policy to admit openly homosexual individuals, especially in leadership positions (“No delay from gays on Scout decision,” Web, Thursday).
We witnessed the tragedy for so many young boys (as well as their families) when former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, a sexual predator, lured them into performing sex acts. This is not to imply that all homosexuals are sexual predators, but one cannot dismiss the possibility of sexual attraction. How many homosexual men would relish having a job that puts them in close contact with young boys while camping together in the wilderness? The temptation could prove too much. Unwanted sexual encounters in youth often result in a lifetime of anguish with serious repercussions for the victims.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business