- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Source: Jackson Jr. plea deal includes ‘significant jail time’
An exclusive by the Chicago Sun-Times has revealed a plea deal is now on the table between former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. and federal officials concerning a misuse of campaign funds.
“Significant jail time is now definitely a part of the deal,” a top source close to the probe told the Sun-Times.
“But I think [Jackson’s wife] Sandi, feels like she was thrown under the bus by her husband, ” a second source added.
Former alderman Jackson said she was stunned to learn about the investigation into her husband, who has been treated for bipolar disorder and allegedly spent $40,000 in campaign funds on a Rolex watch.
A separate inquiry has been made into Sandi Jackson, who abruptly resigned last month from serving on a local governing body representing the Seventh Ward in Chicago. She faces federal questions about the whereabouts of some of her husband’s congressional campaign funds.
“They are trying to sort it out right now and trying to figure out exactly what to do with her,” one source close to Mrs. Jackson told the Sun Times.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.