- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
Flacco makes Fashion Week debut at Tommy Hilfiger
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Joe Flacco is soaking up all the opportunities that come with being a Super Bowl champ, including nabbing a front row seat at New York Fashion Week.
“It was pretty cool. It was a lot quicker than I thought it would have been,” said Flacco after watching his first fashion show.
As a brutal Nor’easter raged outside, the Hilfiger men on the runway bundled up in hefty coats with plush fur collars, cozy argyle sweaters and patterned turtlenecks.
If there’s one takeaway from the fall collection: Houndstooth is a man’s best friend.
It came down the runway in subtle waves _ just peeking out from the lining of a coat or scarf _ and in bold explosions, including a head-to-toe ensemble of houndstooth trousers and trench. Hilfiger also mixed and matched his pattern du jour with plaids and argyle.
Flacco, who led the Ravens in a 34-31 victory against the San Francisco 49ers at the Super Bowl in New Orleans, gave a nod of approval as a model passed by in a fitted navy blazer, layered under a dark, shearling car coat.
So what would his teammates say about his fashion week cameo?
“You know they’d probably pick on me a little bit, but it was a lot of fun,” said Flacco.
Follow Nicole Evatt on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq